Friday, February 3, 2012

Just chuggin' along

My swim workouts on Monday and Friday have been going great. It is a slow process but the progress is very steady. This week my goal was to swim 16 laps with 5 of those continuous. That is exactly what I did Monday but today I felt pretty good so I did 18 laps instead of the 16. It felt so good in fact that I plan to jump straight to 20 laps next week with 7 continuous. I know mentioned it before but I LOVE SWIMMING.

I have done a pretty good job of falling into my routine although I have been struggling with my Wednesday workouts. I am supposed to work out twice on Wednesday: bike and run. I don't teach class until 10 a.m. so it has been pretty easy to get a run in before class. However, after class I always get lunch then start working on lectures for Thursday. This ALWAYS takes longer than expected and I end up skipping the ride. Add to that that it has been raining all week and this workout becomes even more difficult. I HAD to fix this. Like I said, it rained all day Wednesday so I decided to bite the bullet and get a trainer for my bike. I had been planning to get one anyway and this just gave me an excuse. For those who don't know, a trainer is just a stand that you can put your bike on and it becomes a stationary bike, complete with resistance and everything. I rode in the comfort of my home for an hour while watching TV Wednesday night. I am sort of a numbers/data geek in respect to my workouts because it's an easy way to gauge my effort level. With the trainer though I just had to ride hard enough to where I felt like I was putting out the effort. I plan to get a bike computer to help with this.

This weekend will be another long bike ride and a mid distance run.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you glad we spent so much time at Elks Lake when you were young? Not that you are old now, just me.

    Love ya
    Mama

    ReplyDelete